Fresh lick of paint for family hospital accommodation
Volunteers from Brewers decorating centres in Brighton and Uckfield were on hand this week (Monday 28 December) to refresh the communal areas of Ronald McDonald House Brighton with a new coat of paint.
A group of staff from the centres and their families gave their time to decorate the kitchen, lounge and corridors in the House which provides free ‘home away from home’ accommodation for families of children being treated at the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital and the Trevor Mann Baby Unit
Supplies were kindly donated by Crown and volunteer decorators will be returning in the New Year to repaint bedrooms at the House which in 2014 provided a place to stay for 175 families.
For more pictures or further information please contact:
Francesca Seabourne, M. 07944 190 674
Notes to Editors
1. Photography credit: Ronald McDonald House Brighton
2. Ronald McDonald House Brighton is run by Ronald McDonald House Charities - an independent charity that provides free ‘home away from home’ accommodation at hospitals across the UK. It enables seriously ill children to have their families close by when they are undergoing treatment and allows them to maintain a degree of normal family life.
3. There are 14 Ronald McDonald Houses in the UK and in 2014 they helped support over 6,000 families with children in hospital.
4. Ronald McDonald House Charities relies on the generosity of supporters and fundraisers, including McDonald’s customers, without whom it would be unable to continue its work.
5. The Charity was founded in 1989 and has been keeping families together for more than 25 years.