New Year cash boost for family hospital accommodation
McDonald’s franchisee Kalpesh Patel (centre) handed over £11,000 to Rachel Tween from Ronald McDonald House Tooting (second from the right) at a cheque presentation last month.
The free ‘home away from home’ accommodation for the families who have children being treated at St George’s Hospital received the cheque at the McDonald’s restaurant on Tooting High Street, one of the 15 restaurants in south London run by Mr Patel.
A sponsored skydive, football tournament and in-restaurant collection days were just some of the activities that added to the impressive total.
Staff at Kalpesh Patel’s restaurants have now raised almost £97,000 for Ronald McDonald House Tooting in just over five years.
The eight bedroom House – run by the independent Ronald McDonald House Charities – accommodated 125 families in 2014 and relies on the generosity of supporters and fundraisers to continue its work.
Rachel Tween, House Manager at Ronald McDonald House Tooting, says: “We would like to thank Kalpesh and his staff for all the hard work they put into fundraising in 2014. Kalpesh has been a loyal and hardworking supporter of the House for many years and his generosity makes a real difference to the families who stay with us.”
For more information about Ronald McDonald House Tooting visit www.rmhc.org.uk/tooting.
To speak to someone, for more pictures or further information please contact:
Francesca Seabourne, T. 020 7250 8287 M. 07944 190 674
Notes to Editors
- Photography credit: Marjorie Reina, Ronald McDonald House Tooting
- Ronald McDonald House Tooting is run by Ronald McDonald House Charities - an independent charity that provides free ‘home away from home’ accommodation at hospitals across the UK. It enables seriously ill children to have their families close by when they are undergoing treatment and allows them to maintain a degree of normal family life.
- There are 14 Ronald McDonald Houses in the UK and in 2014 they helped support over 6,000 families with children in hospital.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities relies on the generosity of supporters and fundraisers, including McDonald’s customers, without whom it would be unable to continue its work.
- The Charity was founded in 1989 and has been keeping families together for more than 25 years.