School’s dress down day raises charity cash
Enterprising young fundraisers from Woodfall Primary School in Neston hand over a cheque for £180 to Ronald McDonald House Arrowe Park staff fundraiser Megan Owen last Wednesday (12 November).
The money was raised by members of RotaKids – a mini Rotary Club at Woodfall Primary School for children aged seven to 11 - which held a school uniform-free day in October. As well as presenting a cheque to Ronald McDonald House Arrowe Park, which provides free ‘home away from home’ accommodation to families who have children at Arrowe Park Hospital, the pupils also brought games and toys for the House’s communal lounge where families can enjoy a bit of respite away from the hospital wards.
For more pictures or further information please contact:
Alex Goldup, T. 020 7250 8291 M. 07791 765 915 E: email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Photography credit: Woodfall Primary School
- To speak to someone or for more pictures please contact Alex Goldup
- Ronald McDonald House Arrowe Park is run by Ronald McDonald House Charities - an independent charity that provides free ‘home away from home’ accommodation at hospitals across the UK. It enables seriously ill children to have their families close by when they are undergoing treatment and allows them to maintain a degree of normal family life.
- There are 14 Ronald McDonald Houses in the UK and in 2013 they helped support over 7,000 families with children in hospital.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities relies on the generosity of supporters and fundraisers, including McDonald’s customers, without whom it would be unable to continue its work. The Charity was founded in 1989 and in 2014 proudly celebrates 25 years of keeping families together.