Community Fundraising Manager
Job Title: Community Fundraising Manager
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Line Management of: Team of fundraisers based in our 11 Ronald McDonald Houses across the UK
Location: Flexible—we have office space and Houses across the UK
Contract: Permanent 5 days per week with some weekend and evening work
Summary of benefits:
Holiday: 36 days rising to 38 days after 3 years’ service (including Bank Holidays)
Employee discount scheme: You will have access to a discount through Rewards Gateway; this includes discounts on some menu items from McDonald’s Restaurants Limited and discounts from a wide variety of High Street and online retailers.
Private healthcare: We give all staff, their spouse or civil partner and any dependent children up to the age of 25 free membership of a private medical care scheme after 6 months’ service.
To deliver a new and robust community fundraising strategy and plan which maximises the income from existing campaigns, community groups and activity, whilst driving forward new national initiatives.
- Develop and deliver a new community fundraising strategy which maximises income from our existing campaigns, and activities; and which creates new and innovative opportunities and ways of working
- Devise new and engaging ways for community groups to support RMHC
- To acquire and develop new supporters to achieve income targets and drive growth
- To manage a team of 10 regionally based community fundraiser to deliver income against set KPIs
- Act as a role model for the community fundraising team, inspiring team members to increase their professional skills, through own behaviour and approach
- Coach, mentor and train the community fundraising team to increase their professional competence and to develop the individual talents and capabilities of the existing team
- Support the community fundraising team to plan, oversee and coordinate regional and national fundraising events and activities.
Knowledge and experience
- Strong background in community fundraising with demonstrable success raising income through campaigns, events or volunteer groups
- Previous experience of creating a community fundraising strategy which is aligned with the wider fundraising strategy
- Experience of developing and managing a reliable campaign calendar, working alongside other departments to create engaging products
- An in-depth understanding of the fundraising environment and motivations behind individuals and groups fundraising in support of charitable organisations
Skills and abilities
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop successful and collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work on own initiative, planning, managing and prioritising own work and that of the community fundraising team
- Excellent numeracy skills with the ability to analyse and report on financial performance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-developed influencing skills
For a full job description, please download the candidate pack.
To apply, please enclose:
- A full CV outlining your career history to date. Please include details of your latest remuneration and benefits.
- A covering letter, of no more than two pages in total, outlining how you meet the criteria set out in the person specification and your reasons for applying.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 1 September.
All applications will be considered immediately after the closing date and candidates informed if they have been shortlisted for the first interview by Wednesday 4 September.