Interim Head of Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: Circa £50,000 dependent on experience plus £3k London Weighting Allowance
Summary of benefits
Bonus: You will be part of our bonus scheme which is currently based on budget achievement. Employees are awarded a sum annually based on salary and annual performance ratings.
Hours of work: Permanent; Full-Time. Semi-flexible hours – 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm and 10am-6pm
Holiday: 28 days rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
Private healthcare: We give all staff, their spouse or civil partner and any dependent children up to the age of 25 free membership of a private medical care scheme after 6 months’ service.
Employee discount scheme: You will have access to a discount through Rewards Gateway; this includes discounts on some menu items from McDonald’s Restaurants Limited and discounts from a wide variety of High Street and online retailers.
ABOUT RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE CHARITIES UK
Since 1989 the Charity has been supporting families with children in hospital. This is an exciting time to join the Charity, as we look to honour our achievements and celebrate the incredible support of donors and fundraisers from the last 30 years with a variety of activities throughout the year.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Marketing and Communications to provide cover for at least one year, whilst the existing Head is on maternity leave. You will implement our 2019 strategy and to develop the strategy for 2020 and beyond. The successful candidate will have experience in a wide range of marketing disciplines and will be a seasoned line manager. The role of the MarComs team is to substantially grow awareness of the Charity, whilst improving engagement, leads and ultimately donations; The Interim Head of Marketing and Communications has the responsibility of ensuring BAU and projects are executed effectively to achieve objectives.
- Develop integrated MarComs strategies in consultation with the Trustees, to substantially broaden and deepen awareness of the Ronald McDonald House Charities UK brand
- Develop campaigns to communicate and engage with key audiences
- Ensure a compelling outcome from the combined efforts of multiple expert suppliers in the areas of advertising, PR and digital
- Act as the lead on crisis communications, offering advice to colleagues, devising media statements and briefing spokespeople
- Support the Marketing and Communications Manager to develop a targeted PR strategy that aids traffic building and raises awareness of our work amongst key audiences
- Work with the Digital Marketing Manager to develop lead generation campaigns and BAU activity
- Take a key role in ensuring our digital marketing activity is effective, supporting the Digital Marketing Manager where needed
- Assume responsibility for promoting all new Ronald McDonald House builds, devising the plan, working with a PR agency for key milestones, sitting as part of the CFT and instructing the Marketing and Communications Manager
- Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision and identity of Ronald McDonald House Charities UK, updating messaging frameworks when appropriate
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing and communications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a senior management position
- Demonstrable experience of promoting an organisation through integrated marketing and communication strategies
- Demonstrable experience of planning and executing targeted marketing and advertising campaigns across digital platforms (traditional platforms is also desirable but not essential)
- Experience of managing multiple third party delivery partners
How to apply: