Marketing and Communications Manager
Reports to: Head of Marketing and Communications
Summary of benefits:
Salary: £32k - £36k dependent on experience plus £3k London Weighting Allowance
Bonus: You will be part of our bonus scheme which is currently based on budget achievement. Employees are awarded a sum annually based on salary and annual performance ratings.
Hours of work: Permanent; Full-Time. Semi-flexible hours – 8am-4pm, 9am-5pm and 10am-6pm
Holiday: 28 days rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
Private healthcare: We give all staff, their spouse or civil partner and any dependent children up to the age of 25 free membership of a private medical care scheme after 6 months’ service.
Employee discount scheme: You will have access to a discount through Rewards Gateway; this includes discounts on some menu items from McDonald’s Restaurants Limited and discounts from a wide variety of High Street and online retailers.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities UK
Since 1989 the Charity has been supporting families with children in hospital. This is an exciting time to join the Charity, as we look to honour our achievements and celebrate the incredible support of donors and fundraisers from the last 30 years with a variety of activities throughout the year.
We’re looking for someone with broad marketing and communications skills to take up a key role within the team, helping to grow awareness, engagement, leads and ultimately donations.
Strong project management skills are essential to this role as is the ability to line manage a team. The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and self-motivated. You’ll have impeccable grammar, be an enthusiastic communicator and have the ability to build relationships with people at all levels.
You will take responsibility for PR, influencer engagement, internal communications, special projects and event marketing. You will also support the Head of Marketing and Communications with brand management and advertising campaigns.
You’ll line manage the Marketing Assistant and Fundraising Marketing Officer, sharing your skills and knowledge to motivate and develop others. You’ll be motivated by working for a charity that does important work. You’ll always be striving to meet and exceed your targets for your own and team accomplishments, but also for the greater good of the families we support.
Ensure all national and regional communications adhere to brand and style guidelines, including:
- Act as brand guardian, approving all materials with the support of the Marketing Assistant
- Approve design and campaign briefs put together by staff
- Run Brand Ambassador training sessions for staff
- Write and distribute the Charity’s monthly staff newsletter, working with other departments to ensure key updates are being distributed
- Improve knowledge-sharing across the Charity and keep staff better-informed about the Charity’s strategic priorities
PR and influencers
- Put together a comprehensive national PR plan, outlining target titles to reach our audiences as well as ways to drive traffic to the website
- Work closely with the Content Producer to identify strong stories to implement PR plan and to secure consumer coverage during the Charity’s key campaigns
- Support the Head of Marketing and Communications to get building projects and House openings covered in the media
- Work with our challenge events team to put together and implement comprehensive MarComs plans to encourage event sign-ups
- Manage design and print agencies to produce event materials, write copy and seek appropriate approvals
- Experience in a marketing or communications role in the charity sector – a minimum of three years
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Solid experience in producing press releases and liaising with journalists
- Experience with working on long term projects is desirable
- Partnership working is also desirable
- Experience with line management is desirable
The full job description can be found here
How to apply: