Location: South (London, Oxford and Southampton Area)
Reports to: Head of UK Operations
Summary of Benefits:
Salary: £35 - £40K dependent on experience
Bonus: You will be part of our bonus scheme which is currently based on budget achievement. This is non-contractual.
Hours of work: Permanent. Full-time hours are 35 per week. Fully-flexible working hours, to include weekends and Bank Holidays
Company Car: The role is eligible to a Company Car or Cash Allowance
Holiday: 35 days rising to 38 days after 3 years’ service. Excludes Bank Holidays
Employee discount scheme: You will have access to a discount scheme through Rewards Gateway
Service awards: To celebrate major service anniversaries, we give all staff vouchers which can be used at a number of high street stores
Private healthcare: We give all staff, their spouse or civil partner and any dependent children up to the age of 25 free membership of a private medical care scheme after 6 months’ service.
Pension scheme: RMHC offers a Stakeholder Pension Plan to all salaried employees.
Life assurance: RMHC offers a minimum cover of 1 x annual salary.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities
Since 1989 the Charity has been supporting families with children in hospital. This is an exciting time to join the Charity, as we look to honour our achievements and celebrate the incredible support of donors and fundraisers from the last 30 years with a variety of activities throughout the year.
Working as part of the Operations and Resources Team you will report to the Head of UK Operations and work closely with the Operations Team, HR Consultant and IT Manager to ensure that Ronald McDonald House Charities provides a high standard of consistent operations, enabling the best possible family centred care for each partner hospital.
The primary role will be to create trusted relationships with your team, through providing leadership, direction and support to the existing Ronald McDonald Houses in your region; working alongside the House teams to ensure consistent application of the House Operations Policies to ensure legal compliance of HR, Health and Safety and be accountable for the monitoring and control of House income and expenditure.
In undertaking this work, it is essential that the Operations Consultant seeks a collaborative approach with the many specialised teams both internally within the Charity and externally. Therefore, to succeed in this role, the candidate must be proactive, organised and collaborative with the ability to achieve results through people.
• Oversee the day-to-day running of Ronald McDonald Houses, providing family-centred care and ensuring all Houses are compliant with all Ronald McDonald House Charities policies, H&S, employment law, GDPR and other legislation
• Monitor House operations and standards; identifying trends and recommending system improvements to deliver quality family centred care
• Ensure required staffing levels through recruiting, orientating and training employees
• Supporting direct reports throughout the year, helping identify strengths and development areas, tracking progress against objectives and managing performance issues
• Support the accomplishment of financial objectives through budgeting and reforecasting; analysing variances; including and overseeing the monitoring, management and reporting
• Supports the building and maintenance of good working relationship with hospital hierarchy in order to resolve any operational issues
• Report on operational performance as required
• Assist in the establishment of the Board of Governors, supporting the House Manager to build strong working relationships with the Governors based on trust and mutual accountability
• Work collaboratively with staff across the organisation to maximise all opportunities
Essential Knowledge and Experience
• Remote / Multi-site Management
• Experience of working across functions with a wide range of people/stakeholders at all levels
• Significant operational planning and delivery experience
• Full UK driving Licence required
The candidate would preferably have the following skills, experience and/or personal attributes:
• Highly developed interpersonal, communications skills; both written and verbal, with the ability to persuade sensitively and build consensus across teams and stakeholders
• Significant experience of strategic planning and performance assessment processes
• Ability to create, develop and empower strategic thinking and collaborative working
• Proven ability in planning, organising to multitask, effectively prioritise multiple work-streams and organise self and others
• Flexible and able to change business plans as circumstances change
• Thrives in collaborative environment
• Good financial understanding with strong analytical skills
• PC literate - Microsoft Office, Excel and database use
• Shows cultural and interpersonal sensitivity, able to work diplomatically with a variety of audiences
• Understanding of and experience of adhering to legal and ethical requirements pertaining to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), confidentiality and protection of children and vulnerable adults (Safeguarding)
• Curious and Resilient
Specific Requirements to the Role
• The role will require both regional and national travel on a weekly basis as well as occasional overnight stays.
• Willing and able to travel within the UK
To apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter outlining how you meet the personal specification, to Sonya.Winfield@uk.mcd.com. This vacancy closes Friday 3 May 2019.